New (To Him) Toys.

Don't you just love a good deal?  What would life be like without consignment stores, garage sales, and Craigslist?  What if there was no such thing as a sale?  What if everything were (gasp) suggested retail price?  Well, luckily for our bank accounts (and marriages), we don't have to pay full price for everything.
Tyler and I recently scored a deal on some toys for Mason.  I was thinking Mason needs a walker, I thought that would be something he'd really get a kick out of. 
{And, yes, I do realize they are not recommended and banned in some countries and in Canada you can actually go to jail for using them.. but.. even though I let my kid eat paper, I do not keep knives and hatchets sitting just in reach of his little hands or leave the gate open for him to topple down the basement stairs.  In fact, I am even known to supervise my little man from time to time.}
I decided to check out the listings on Craigslist.  So, the first listing from my search just happened to be what I like to call, the jackpot.  We ended up getting a jumperoo, a musical play table, a ball popper, a walk 'n ride, a musical floor mat thingy, a jammin' band musical microphone, and a walker.  Guess how much?  $100?  $50?  Nope and nope.  Thirty-five dollars!  Is that a great deal or what?  I am maybe a little too excited about it.
At first, I thought Mason was too short for the walker (go figure).  But, I messed around with it long enough to figure out how to lower it and he mostly can reach the ground.  I thought for sure he'd take off in it, but he's only gone a little bit backwards, kind of like his crawling progress.  He can't go forward, but beep beep beep, he can back up.
He sure does enjoy the jumperoo though.  He bounced so much the first couple times that he just fell asleep.  It was the funniest thing. 
He'd bounce, bounce, bounce. 
Stop. 
Stare at the toy in front of him. 
Slowly close his eyes. 
Sleep for once second.
Suddenly wake up and start bouncing again.
Repeat 5 or so times, and then he'd be out.



Totally worth the money.

Comments

Popular Posts