Reunion.

This is my Great Grandma.  She passed away a couple years ago.


This is my Great Grandma's parents' grave.


 This is the church that my Great Grandma's mom's dad built.





This is where our family reunion this past weekend took place.  Fitting, eh?  It was pretty cool to visit the place where my Great Grandma grew up, went to church, and spent her time playing.  I got to imagine her as a youngster, see the place she was married, and remember my time spent with her.  We met family we had never had the pleasure of meeting before, ate some tasty (and not so tasty) Danish cuisine, and learned more about our bloodline.  Time well spent.

Comments

Sarah said…
Such a perfect place to have a family reunion. It's also so beautiful that you know so much about your history and where you have come from! That's so cool :D

Popular Posts