Miscellany Monday.

Mason got his first new pair of shoes, that he fits, and is going to actually wear. We debated between a pair of croc-ish looking shoes, which are surprisingly cute on babies and a pair on tennies.  The fact the it will soon be frigid outside made the decision a little easier. He isn't quite sure about walking in them yet, it is completely new thing. It was funny watching him walk around when he was trying them on in the store.






We got groceries this weekend and spent less than we thought we were going to. When does that ever happen? And, we bought local milk in a glass bottle for the first time. Is it weird that I'm still kinda excited about that?




My husband got to sleep in on Saturday. Again. That sure would be nice. HINT, HINT.




I bought a wool sweater at Goodwill that I plan to up-cycle to a soaker. Someday. Wish me luck.




I finally vacuumed. And washed the kitchen floor. And cleaned the bathroom. And it felt good, even though it only lasted for two minutes.




It has been really nice here the past few days, but the Asian Beetles are also fans are the fair weather. So when you step foot outside, three or four instantly land on you. Ick.









Mason's birthday party is only a couple weeks away, I better get busy!




Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters

Comments

Skye said…
LOVE the picture of your son & the dog from the top. That is very cute! And of course the pumpkin picture... who can resist sucking on the stem? LOL
Adrienne said…
I do like this "Miscellany Monday" thing. Perhaps I should try it!

And yes, shoes...I've been thinking about those as well. Even if they're just for the sake of keeping those darn socks on!

We always used to get milk in glass bottles when we lived in Chicago, but they don't have them here...and you got a discount for bringing the bottle back. :)

As for the sleeping in- my hubby and I have a deal- he gets to sleep in on Saturdays and I get to sleep in on Sundays...well, I still have to get up and get ready for church, but that doesn't require waking up at 6:00 like I do all of the other days. :)
Spunky said…
Love the tennies! Awesome pictures Melissa. Have you ever considered taking pictures as more than a hobby??? :)
Carina Schoen said…
oh my goodness, he is a doll!
Melissa said…
Thanks, guys.
@Adrienne - We got our milk at Hy-vee.. there's got to be one near you! I'll need to mention the sleeping schedule to my husband!

@Spunky - Yes, but I'm doing something more important right now :)

Popular Posts