Week 26

So, I guess I haven't blogged for a couple weeks. I don't spend much time on the computer these days. During Mason's nap, I'm taking a nap myself, and when he goes to bed my back hurts too much to sit in the computer chair. I pop in when I can, I guess.
Our ultrasound this week went a lot smoother than usual because my parents hung out in the car with Mason while he slept. It was nice to be able to pay attention to what the tech was looking at and not trying to sooth our ultrasound goo-phobic toddler.
Twin A measured about 1 pound, 12 ounces and twin B was around 1 pound, 9 ounces. This is the biggest difference they've ever had between them, 8% difference. The OB told us that as long as the percentage of difference is below 20% they don't worry too much, but it is something to keep an eye on. Sometimes one twin will have a growth spurt and the other will have one a week later. Sometimes one twin will be getting goods from 3/4 of the placenta and the other only gets 1/4 of the share. And then of course there is the daunting twin to twin transfusion syndrome which can occur at any time. We've decided not to spend our time worrying, we will just see what's changed at our next ultrasound.


_MG_9349

Each time we've gone into the ultrasound, the babies have been in different positions. First time they were both feet down. Second time, A's feet were down, B's head was down. Third time, B was head down and A was sideways laying his/her head on B's chest. And then this time they were both head down, as you can see, B was presenting (further down). I wouldn't mind if they stayed head down the rest of the time!

_MG_9352

I've been trying really hard to get my 8-16oz glasses of water, quart of milk, and 3,500 calories consumed every day, but I know I come up short most of the time. That is a lot to eat and drink! I'm not sure how much I weigh (will find out at the doctor next week), but I'm trying so hard to gain fast. In the end I should be up 40-55 pounds. Last time I was weighed I was only up 11.
My husband has been very helpful lately. He's taken over a lot of the household responsibilities and I'm so thankful. Life could be a lot harder right now. I'm going to cry when he goes back to work next month.

Pictures2

Comments

Barb said…
So cute Mel! Wish I could transfer some of my calories to you and the babies. Happy to hear you are all doing well... just tired :)
Liz R said…
Getting there! Glad this ultrasound went smoother for you.
Hugs!
Skye said…
first off- you look great! So glad the twins are healthy (and you too) - and growing just perfectly! :) Getting close.....

Popular Posts