New Things

When we are out and about, many people stop to make one comment or another, most used as I've mentioned before is, "You sure have your hands full!" Well, we heard a couple new ones this weekend. While eating out with my in-laws a woman came up to tell us how great it is that we aren't afraid to get out of the house. She shared she had four grown kids and just thought it was wonderful that our small children didn't hold us back from getting out and about. That was nice to hear, considering none of our kids were happy and everyone was staring at us the entire time.
We also met a lady walking down the street who simply asked, "What do you do in your spare time?" I have to admit, that was a good one.


Another new thing, I had my in-laws pick up a new (to us) outdoor toy for the kids on their way down to visit us. A water table! I've been wanting to get one the past year or so, but finally tracked one down. Glad they picked it up for us, I see a future of fun with this thing. Well, I also see a future of water being dumped on baby heads, crying, unwanted splashing, fighting over the cup, etc... but let's not focus on that.


Elliot's new thing is the fold herself onto the floor whenever she is really upset. It looks really uncomfortable, she just flops her top half onto her bottom half like a book closing. She and her sister are.. very.. spirited. Passionate. They don't hold back any emotions, those two.


While we are on the subject of new things, I am planning to rename my blog. When I first started writing here, I did a 10 minute brainstorm and came up with the sarcastic title. It worked, I suppose. But, I want something new. Something more appropriate and creative. I am going to need your help though because mommy brain and my three young children are sucking every once of creativity out of me. So, be brainstorming. I may or may not be having a blog naming contest in the near future. And it may or may not involve an Amazon gift card.


Have a great holiday!

Comments

Barb said…
I think i would have fun with the water table too! I will put my thinking cap on!!!

Popular Posts