Happenings


Today I will be making a pie or two for the first of our three Thanksgiving celebrations. We went to the grocery store yesterday and you'd think the holiday was today as busy as it was. I've never had to wait in line at that store for more than a minute or two. The kids were ready to get out of there by the time we checked out. Of course it didn't help that I forgot my wallet at home after filling a cart, which meant we had to go out to the car, take off winter coats, get strapped in, drive home, return, get out of the car, winter coats back on, go in, pay.. let's just say I was exhausted by day's end.


The strong emotions associated with toddler-hood have made their grand appearance with the youngsters in our family. Only a couple of meltdowns, but lots of flopping when things don't go the right way. Poor Flopsy and Mopsy, don't even know this is just the beginning of figuring out the inner workings of emotions. We'll help them navigate the way.


We also moved. Yes that is right. Again. But for the first time in our married lives we moved to a different house within the same town. While the big house was amazing and beautiful and well, big, it  was just TOO big. We looked around for a while and were able to find something cheaper to rent, smaller to heat, and best of all easier to clean. Seriously, hard wood and tile floors are pretty and eco-friendly and all that jazz.. but I'm so happy to have carpet and linoleum again. Ha! We aren't quite finished moving everything over to our new house yet, but when we get things looking decent here I will share some pictures of our home for now. We probably won't unpack everything, because, well we love to move obviously. It seems to be our hobby.



Now you know a couple reasons I've been somewhat absent here. We also over the last week and half have passed around a tummy bug, but I think that is now behind us, too. Hoping to get back at it now that I have to spend less time dusting and sweeping. So see you soon, my friends.


Comments

Popular Posts